Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Homemade Laundry Detergent: DIY

I just love sharing my successes and failures in the Do it Yourself category. This is definitely a success! I have made this over and over again with the same excellent outcome!


See my recipe and some results! ....


You will need:
1. Borax
2. Washing soda
3. Soap to grate. I prefer Fels Naptha or Zote. You can find either in the cleaning aisle of your local grocery shop. They are super affordable!

Equal parts of Borax and Washing Soda
1 cup of each.
grate 1/3 of the bar into the powder and mix. Transfer to an airtight container.
This got me 50 loads.

Now, each time I make the 100+ load version:

2 cups of borax
2 cups of washing soda
2/3 of the bar, grated.

Sometimes, I add a bit of oxy clean to the mix. (1/4 cup for 50 loads and 1/2 cup for 100+ loads) You do not have to add this. I do this in the summertime and don't see any sweat stains on my families clothing! win!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...