Wednesday, May 11, 2016

bang.




Toddlers shot one victim per week in 2015.

Tell me why you need a gun.

I've had this "discussion" with a few people over the past few years as it's become somewhat of a hot topic again and I must say that there doesn't seem to be that much to discuss. On my end. The rest of the world though, seems to have a lot to discuss.

I felt a little sick hearing the story about Jamie Gilt from Florida. She was shot by her 4 year old while she was driving one day. Her gun was in the car, loaded. And the little dude got his hands on it and shot her. She lived, and is actually recovered. The part that made me feel a little sick though was that her son got "all jacked up" on the way to gun/target practice when he would go with his mom. So, here is the pro-gun, pro-gun for kids, pro open carry even, mother of a 4 year old who accidentally shoots her. Why did she need a gun?

Her story got a ton of media, but one who got a little less was that of Patrice Price. She was also shot in a car, while driving. She was shot by her 2 year old from the backseat when the loaded gun was found next to him somewhere in the backseat. Sounds like she didn't need that gun.

Toddlers shot one victim per week in 2015.

Tell me again why you need a gun.

At least six Americans have been killed by dogs causing guns to accidentally go off. This year.

It's only May, people. That was just the # on DOGS.

Toddlers shot one victim per week in 2015.

Tell me again why you need a gun.

Please. Seriously, thrill me.

Change my damn mind. I don't know.

Just make me hear some sort of conversation that isn't noise, please. Or agree with me. I feel like it's every single day or week that another soul crushing story hits the news about a death or ruined life that are the aftermath of a gunshot or multiple gunshots from an escalated argument that turned deadly because 'everyone' can/needs to carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...