Saturday, May 30, 2015

DIY fun family frame with vintage scrabble tiles.

I have this empty skinny wall when you step inside my front door that is oh so empty. It's screaming for some art. I decided I wanted to make something to go there, and as a bonus I wanted it to have our family name(s) on it. Can I tie in my love for gray chevron? And scrabble? Done. and Done. So, here is what I came up with.

Here is the before:

 It's a holiday frame from Papyrus, and it's cute. Nothing wrong with it at all, I actually bought it because I love to decorate at Christmas with simple greenery and red berries. I included the 2 pictures below to show you the "new tag" $20. And, 2 years ago I picked this up at my local Goodwill store for $2.99. Quite the steal, eh? I decided that if I get tired of my DIY project frame here I can always peel off the letter tiles, steam off the paper, dissolve the adhesive and I'll have my Tidings of Comfort and Joy again. I do have a feeling I will like my scrabble frame though. I'll keep you posted.

measure and cut


  

                     



And, once I was happy with placement, it was all glued down. Here is the final product:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...